This is a small collection of overhead shots of the “Campus Beautiful”. The photographs present an interesting study of the school’s development, as well as, the area around campus. Please note the neatly planted row of trees extending form McComas Hall (left side of 1939 picture) over to “Old Main”. The trees were planted for the practical purpose of a wind break for students walking to class. However, beginning in 1926 “The Pine Tree” was adopted as the yearbook title and the pines have served as a mainstay for the “Campus Beautiful”.

 

1939

 

1988

1952

 

1991

1955

 

Backside 1974

1955a

 

Baseball Field 1992

1960

 

College Courts 1960

1960a

 

Fine Arts 1969

1960b

 

Plaza 1991

1970

 

Pre-1956

1970a

 

Pre-1956a

1973

 

Pre-1956b

1973a

 

 

1973b