George W. Diehl, a teacher and minister was head of the college from 1924-29. he brought a "Zealous desire to advance the college and train the youth entrusted to their care." The campus life began to show a modern trend. A forensic council was formed in 1924, with awards for those who participated. Greek letter social organizations were formed. Early groups were the Tri-Delts, later the Delta Delta Delta Tau. A woman´s Athletic Organization, a dramatic club, glee club and literary organizations were added to the many campus activities.
A student newspaper, the Concord Argus, was published in 1923-24. The social life was enriched by receptions, musicals and lyceum programs. Important physical additions included the purchase of Holroyd Hall as a dormitory for boys and the completion of a water system for the town and college. The Pine Tree was first published in 1925, and the Concordian became the newspaper in 1925. The college became a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools in 1926.