The Joseph F. Marsh Library, formally opened on November 29, 1941. It was built at a cost of $165,000. The Concord Library started as a single room, with a secretary handing out books. When the new wing was added to the Administration building in 1916, the library took all the space in the front of the auditorium, and the first full time librarian was appointed, James French Holroyd. He served until his death in 1920, when Miss Ora Peters was made librarian. She served as librarian until her retirement in 1961. Ora’s Office
During the period between 1916 and 1941, the library had grown, and included many rooms, scattered around the building. Miss Peters helped plan the new building. The library has grown from 3,000 volumes in 1920 to over 145,000 volumes today which include books, microfiche, magazines and bound periodicals. The library has been and continues to be a vital part of the educational program of Concord.