The second leader of the new school was John D. Sweeney, a graduate of Fairmont Normal School and West Virginia University. He was a native of Tyler County, and came to Concord as assistant, or teacher, about 1866. He became principal in 1891. Under his guidance, several advances were made to better the college. The first girlīs dormitory was built on land donated by William and Sarah Holroyd, and the third administration building was erected in 1896-97. Many improvements were also made in curriculum.

 

Picture with the faculty, (year)